It’s rather amazing but it has been ten years since we finished renovating our Yellow Flat Paris and began sharing it with our guests. Along they way we have gotten to know a wonderful community of people who enjoyed our pied a terre as much as we did. So to celebrate the 10th anniversary Florence and I took a moment to think about what makes this place so special and why we enjoy it so much every time we visit Paris.
Number 1. Something new! Our comfortable queen sized bed. We sleep well after a day of enjoying a day in the city. Good reading lights too.
2. Our living room couch. We love the wonderful late afternoon light on the corner seat of the couch reading or just relaxing and taking it in. It makes a great second bed for our extra guests.
3. The third thing that the we love about the Yellow Flat is our remodeled kitchen, efficient as hell and fully stocked. And our new espresso machine.
4. Our shower. It has so much hot water and great pressure. Perfect for relaxing after a day of touring or walking.
5. The two-minute walk to the Champ De Mars park to look at the Eiffel Tower. We never get tired of looking at. It is spectacular at any time of the day.
6. Walking to Poilane bakery for their amazing breads and morning pastries. Yes those are some amazing apple ‘chansons’ that make a perfect breakfast.
7. Two glasses of rose’ on the terrace enjoying the afternoon sun. No comment needed.
8. The views of the Parisian skyline from our floor to ceiling sliding glass windows in the living room and bedroom.
9. Buying a salad at the Grenelle Marche bringing it home and enjoying it with a plate of artisan cheeses and a fresh baguette. And perhaps a lightly chilled Chinon or Bourgogne Aligote to go with it?
10. The 10th reason to love the Yellow Flat is that we are celebrating our 10th anniversary. So please take 10% off of any booking of a week’s stay during July or August 2016. Just mention our 10th anniversary celebration when you book. And enjoy this shot from 2006 when we were finishing construction.
As well as that wood paneling from the old kitchen. It seems so dated in style.
As a further thank you to everyone who has stayed with us over the years I am happy to send you an 8 by 10 print of any photo that has appeared in this blog Just tell us your story on our Facebook page and mention the photo you have in mind. Or ask me to pick one. Like this one for example. I think its pretty cool.
All the best.
Jules and Florence